phone: +48 605155094
SENER Poland commenced its activities in 2006 and since 2012 has focused on developing innovative solutions in space engineering for the key projects of ESA, NASA and ESO. SENER Poland specializes in two fields of mechanical engineering:
- * Deployment and hold-down mechanisms – essential for transportation of space vehicles in the launch vehicles’ loading spaces, and for subsequent deployment of solar panels, antennas and measuring instruments.
- * Mechanical ground support equipment (MGSE) – used e.g. for precise repositioning of satellites in order to facilitate access for technicians, and for transportation to test chambers and loading spaces. There are just a few companies in Europe that design such devices.
SENER Poland cooperates with 50 partners from all over the country, sharing with them not only a significant part of the value of projects (on average provide to its partners 45% of the projects value through contracts for services and products), but also knowledge of the specifics of the space industry. In this way, SENER makes it easier for other companies to independently acquire international clients from space sector and gives a positive impulse to the Polish economy. We also invest in the personal development of our employees who additionally use technology transfer and support of an international company. Within 5 years, the SENER Poland team responsible for space projects has grown from 3 to 37 people.
Key projects and space missions with participation of SENER Poland:
- * International Berthing Docking Mechanism (IBDM) – innovative system for docking and berthing of space vehicles that will be employed in space shuttles incl. Dream Chaser. SENER Poland will design and manufacture: mechanisms for connecting and disconnecting electrical joints; separation mechanisms; monitoring sensors for docking, berthing and unberthing; protection cover for the system.
- * The Euclid mission – development of a set of 13 MGSE devices supporting the process of satellite assembly.
- * The ExoMars mission – design, manufacturing, testing and assembly on the Umbilical Release Mechanism connecting the rover with the transport vehicle and providing power supply during the process of robot activation on the Mars surface. (EM/QM/FM)
- * The Proba-3 mission – design, manufacturing, testing and assembly the Solar Array Release and Deployment Mechanism (QM/FM), as well as cooperation in design the optical bench assembly.
- * The e.Deorbit mission – development of concept of clumping mechanism for capturing a non-operational satellite in order to reduce the problem of the so-called space debris.
- * The ATHENA mission – design, manufacturing, testing and assembly of a mechanism for changing the focal position of an orbital telescope operating in the X-ray range.(EM)
- * The JUICE mission – participation in design and manufacturing of mechanisms such as: a 10.3 m long boom for probe magnetometers, a medium range antenna hold-down release mechanism and MGSE.
- * Extremely Large Telescope – development of MGSE, i.e. devices for assembly, transport and protection of the mirrors M2 and M3 of the largest optical telescope in the world.
In the aerospace engineering industry, the SENER group has over 50 years of experience, having successfully provided over 275 systems for NASA, ESA, JAXA and Roscosmos. The company took part in projects such as the Hubble Space Telescope; Mars Science Laboratory (the “Curiosity” rover) or Rosetta mission. The Group provides engineering and manufacturing services in the field of precision mechanisms, optical systems, guidance, navigation and control systems (GNC / AOCS), microgravity and life support systems, and astronomy.
Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE):
MAIN AEROSPACE SECTOR PROJECTS:
SENER Poland gives high priority to the following ESA programs:
FIELDS OF ACTIVITY IN SCIENCE AND RESEARCH:
LABORATORY AND TECHNICAL FACILITIES:
CLIENTS AND PARTNERS: