Antmicro Ltd develops and integrates embedded software and technologies for various branches of industry and the emerging ecosystem of the Internet of Things (IoT). The core of Antmicro’s team come from a research and development background within the industry and the academia, working together since 2005. The company provides comprehensive R&D services for customers across Europe and the world (including the US, EU, Switzerland, Singapore and Australia) in challenging applications ranging from robotics, drones, defense and civil security to portable broadcasting and medical devices. Antmicro uses its cross-competence in software, full-stack FPGA SoC and high-end customized hardware to develop new products based on edge computing and encourage customers to adopt modern embedded technologies in a rapidly changing market.The majority of projects Antmicro participates in making use of various open source and open hardware technologies such as Linux, FreeBSD, Android, RTEMS, Contiki-NG, Zephyr, OpenRISC, LEON and RISC-V. This is perhaps best reflected in Antmicro being an original Founding Member of the RISC-V Foundation, introducing an open Instruction Set Architecture to enable a new era of processor innovation through open standard collaboration, along with companies such as Google, NVIDIA or Tesla.
- Renode, an open source software development framework for simulating multi-node IoT systems (http://renode.io/)
- Antmicro TX1/TX2 Deep Learning Kit, a powerful embedded GPGPU camera setup based on the NVIDIA Jetson family of platforms for AI applications in robotics, drones and other in-field operations
- Antmicro UltraScale+ Processing Module, a sophisticated embedded platform for the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ FPGA SoC targeted at high-speed video processing projects
- Other reference platforms for various heterogeneous CPU solutions, both ARM and RISC-V based (also with built-in programmable logic) e.g. Xilinx Zynq/UltraScale+, NXP Vybrid/i.MX, Microsemi and Intel FPGA/FPGA SoC etc.
- Contracted R&D within embedded systems
- Developing and prototyping new product generations
- Hardware design, baseboards, camera boards, full product design
- Software design, BSPs, drivers, update systems, buildsystems
- GPGPU / FPGA processing, AI, vision processing, data fusion algorithms
- Full-stack FPGA SoC development services available (customized Linux distributions / buildsystems, interfacing IPs, building custom IP blocks, dynamic reconfiguration, high-speed interfacing between PS and PL)
- Embedded systems development services powered by the RENODE methodology: building customized tools, user interfaces and integrations, setting up CI and improving development workflows in your organization
- Early adoption of RISC-V: Proof of Concepts (PoC), prototyping, hardware, porting operating systems, writing drivers, buildsystems, custom FPGA peripherals & integration
AREAS OF ACTIVITY IN THE SPACE SECTOR:
- On Board Data Systems
- Space Systems Software
- Space System Control
- System Design & Verification
- Ground Station System and Networks
- Automation, Telepresence & Robotic
MAIN SPACE INDUSTRY PROJECTS:
The Antmicro team is involved with operating system software development, drivers, feasibility studies, simulation and verification in work packages related to the development of on-board space mission computers, fault tolerant real time systems, industrial satellite modems, space plug and play, precise timing and video processing and streaming.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS:
- systems integrating embedded technologies and FPGA
- new CPU technologies, including multicore and heterogeneous architectures
- emulation/simulation/modelling of embedded systems and processes
- Internet of Things
- video processing technologies / vision systems
LABORATORIES AND TECHNICAL FACILITIES:
Antmicro’s campus is located halfway between Berlin and Warsaw in Poznan’s city center and spans across two buildings – the historic Concordia Design and the modern Baltyk office tower. With ca. 400m2 at our disposal, the campus includes office space, programming rooms, an electronics design lab and conference rooms.
CLIENTS AND PARTNERS
- Thales Research and Technology