Astronika Sp. z o.o. was created in 2013 as a spin-out company from the Space Reasearch Center of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw. Astronika’s personnel hails mainly from the Space Mechatronics and Robotics Laboratory, where the engineers were responsible for the development of space mechanisms and project coordination.
Astronika’s mission is to provide its customers with reliable products and high-quality services which answer the current needs and overcome the challenges faced in the space industry. In the upcoming years Astronika is aiming to become one of the key companies of the polish space industry sector, as well as a reliable partner on the European and world markets.
Astronika’s main field of operation is the design, manufacturing, integration and testing of mechanical systems. The company’s specialty is space mechanisms and instruments, with particular focus on geological penetrators, hold down & release mechanisms, antenna systems – ultralight constructions, as well as endurance analysis and tribological testing.
- penetrators and ground sampling devices equipped with unique electromagnetic drives.
- hold down & release mechanisms distinguished by the lack of explosive pyrotechnic elements, low levels of generated vibrations, the potential for reusability, high reliability, as well as light and compact construction.
- mechanisms based on the tubular tape technology, most notably: antenna systems, booms for small sensors, and ultra-light planetary manipulators.
- consulting services in the fields of: space mechanisms design and testing, space products quality engineering, as well as the widely understood space tribology.
AREAS OF ACTIVITY IN THE SPACE SECTOR:
- Application & Robotics Systems
- Applied physical Science Technology
- Automation & Robotics components and Technologies
- Collaborative and Concurrent Engineering
- Exploration tool technologies
- Inflatable and deployable structures
- Instrumentation in support of Physical Sciences
- Materials Processes
- Mechanism core technologies
- Mechanism engineering
- Mission and System Specification
- Non explosive release technologies
- Novel Materials
- Optical system engineering
- Supporting propulsion Technologies and Tools
- Structural design and verification methods and tools
- System Analysis and Design
- Tribology technologies
- Verification and AIT
MAIN SPACE PROJECTS:
- „Tubular antenna system for satellite applications” – project carried out in cooperation with CBK PAN (SRC PAS) and Gutronic;
- “Series of HDR actuators based on thermal cutting” – project carried out in cooperation with Astri Polska and AIRBUS Defence and Space (France);
- “HDRM for the EUROSTAR 3000 Deployable Reflector Assembly” – project carried out in cooperation with AIRBUS Defence and Space (France);
- “Lunar Drill Development. Phase A” – project carried out under SELEX-ES (Italy) leadership.
- „Hammering Mechanism for HP3 Penetrator” – project for the German Space Agency (DLR), developed for the NASA InSight Mars mission.
- „Planteray Penetrator and sample aquisition system for the Luna-Resurs 1 mission” – project will be carried out in a consortium with SRC PAS and the Warsaw University of Technology, under the Applied Research Programme of the National Centre for Research and Development.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AREAS:
- precision mechanics
- space mechanisms
- geological penetrators
- space instruments
- construction mechanics
- ultralight constructions
- space robotics
- system integration
LABORATORIES AND TECHNICAL FACILITIES:
The company has its own fully functional stand for the assembly and integration of space mechanisms, equipped with all the necessary instrumentation. Moreover, the stand ensures ESD prevention through an electrostatic protective system. Thanks to a close cooperation with SRC PAS, the company has access to laboratories with high standards of cleanliness (ISO 7), as well as thermal vacuum and climatic chambers. Due to its convenient location Astronika has easy access to external mechanical workshops, characterized by a vast variety of available production machinery and high manufacturing standards.