ADAPTRONICA is an SME of R&D profile, providing consulting services, offering products and doing research related to the field of smart technologies.
Smart technologies encompass interdisciplinary technological solutions including elements of mechanics, electronics and vibroacoustics. The solutions are based on smart materials, e.g. piezoelectric or magnetostrictive materials, magneto-rheological fluids, etc., in terms of hardware and on up-to-date or self-developed analyzing and control algorithms in terms of software. Applications of smart technologies allow for a radical increase of the reliability of engineering structures, e.g. airplanes, railway vehicles, bridges, etc., during their lifetime on the one hand and for preserving their integrity in extreme conditions on the other. This goes in parallel with the requirements of safety engineering.
ADAPTRONICA is a spin-out SME, having its roots in the Institute of Fundamental Technological Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IPPT PAN) in Warsaw. The majority of its staff are young and highly-qualified engineers, strongly motivated to implement their technological ideas for the benefit of various industries. Most of our team are experts holding PhD degrees in various fields of engineering.
structural health monitoring, damping of noise and vibration, vibroacoustic measurements, environmental acoustics, tests of dissipation of impact energy
vibration damping systems (in-house), weigh-in-motion systems (in-house), structural health monitoring systems (in-house), piezoelectric actuators (Cedrat), FEM software (Cranes Software)
AREAS OF ACTIVITY IN THE SPACE SECTOR:
structures and pyrotechnics, damping of vibrations including microvibrations, shock attenuation, software development
SPACE SECTOR PROJECTS:
- European Space Agency project – (2014-2016) – Shock absorbers for an application on scientific spacecraft, 4000109463
- European Space Agency project – (2015-2017) – Active vibration cancellation with proof mass actuators for cryo-coolers, 4000113621
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AREAS:
damping of vibration, shock attenuation, vibroacoustics, structural health monitoring
LABORATORIES AND TECHNICAL FACILITIES:
Vibroacoustic laboratory of 100 m2 including
- unique 2D drop test stand
- electromagnetic shaker of high power
- laser Doppler vibrometer by Polytec
- multi-channel data acquisition and analysis system by Bruel&Kjaer
- acceleration sensors by Bruel&Kjaer
- other sensors e.g. displacement, strain, temperature
- sound level meters by Bruel&Kjaer
- piezoelectric actuators by Cedrat
- multi-channel data acquisition and control system by National Instruments
- oscilloscopes, amplifiers, signal generators, measurement accompanying electronics