KP Labs was founded in 2016 by a group of engineers associated with the Silesian University of Technology who saw the potential of combining their scientific passions and business.
The company’s activity is focused on the production of advanced IT solutions in the field of computer vision, machine learning and flight software. The methodical and innovative approach that has worked well in previous research projects translates into the highest quality of software provided to clients.
KP Labs’ mission is to accelerate space exploration by advancing autonomous spacecraft operation and robotic technology
The key value of the company is highly qualified staff with great potential and experience in research and development projects.
Earth imaging instruments
- A hyperspectral imaging instrument in the wavelength range from 450 nm to 900 nm (under research and development)
- An instrument for imaging the Earth in the visible light (under research and development)
- Laser communication module for microsatellites. Module dedicated for satellites from 10 to 100 kg, designed for uplink, downlink and inter satellite laser communication (under research and development)
- High-performance computing unit module. Designed for small satellites (computing unit with a capacity of at least 400 GOP/s )
- Earth imaging hypercam system in the visible and close infrared ranges with on-board data processing (under research and development)
- Development of satellite image analysis and processing algorithms
- Creating software for components and satellite instruments
Intuition-1 is the Earth observation satellite equipped with a hyperspectral camera and advanced on-board data processing unit using deep convolutional neural networks. It will be the first satellite in the world with the processing capacity that makes it possible to segment hyperspectral images on orbit. Intuition-1 will be a 6U-class satellite, in the shape of a cuboid with dimensions of 10x22x36 cm and a weight of approximately 10 kg.
We are a member of the FP Space consortium, which consists of three Silesian enterprises– Future Processing, FP Instruments and KP Labs. Our aim is to support the space industry by providing quality software and hardware development services.