N7 Space is a joint venture software company of Spacebel (Belgium) and N7 Mobile (Poland). The company’s engineering team has acquired high level of qualification thanks to the practical experience accumulated by carrying out various on-board software projects dating back to 2014. <br>
The company mission is to provide the cutting edge software solutions for the space industry with a focus on critical embedded systems and EO data applications. With the strong support of SPACEBEL’s 30 years of experience in the space industry and N7 Mobile’s 10 years of the the mobile and backend systems software development, the company provides high quality software development services in the following domains:
-On-board software (Leon3, ARM)
– EGSE & SVF software
– 1/ACN modelling
-Test scripting engines
– Database software
– Ground segment software
– Services and applications based on EO data
Major company projects and experience PROAB3 ASPIICS payload software N7 Space is the supplier of the on-board software for the Coronagraph Control Box, the scientific payload computer developed by Space Research Centre PAS in Poland, for the purpose of integration with ESA’s PROBA3 mission. The company is responsible for the following project activities:
- Elaboration of the software requirements specification and technical design,
- Implementation of the boot software andthe RTEMS-based application software running on a LEON3 processor/GR712RC,
- Software verification and validation activities,
- Delivery of an automated software testing framework for the software validation campaign.
Atmel ARM BSP with CANopen library In the scope of the Polish Industry Incentive Scheme N7 Space develops reusable software components for future radiation-hardened ARM SAMV71 (Cortex-M7) microcontrollers. Objectives of the project are to deliver the following software components.
- Bootloader conforming to the SAVOIR requirements,
- Board Support Package for selected I/O modules,
- CANopen software protocol library. Project is executed in partnership with Atmel (Microchip) responsible for providing end-user testing activities.
ASN.1/ACN modelling IDE In the scope of the Polish Industry Incentive Scheme, N7 Space has developed dedicated ASN.1/ACN modelling IDE. This product provides modern development environment for the ASN.1/ACN languages used in data modelling for communication protocol design activities. Key features of the product are:
- code auto-completion,
- code highlighting,
- easy navigation between ASN.1 and ACN code blocks,
- PUS-C ASN.1/ACN data model library,
- Automatic tests generation.
Deployment of the PUS-C Standard in Projects supported by an Automatic Generation Toolset (©ESA) N7 Space has had a unique opportunity to be a part of the study related to the deployment of automatic generation support tools for the PUS-C standard. In the scope of this activity, the company delivered PUS foundation database software, ASN.1/ACN model generator and PUS-C functional modelling in SDL and MSC languages.